Friday, February 10, 2012

First Birthday Prep

I know it's more than 2 weeks away, but within the next 4 hours I will be caring for a post surgical dog on top of my normal load, soooo.... I must get ahead! 

As always, thanks to the ideas from Pinterest!

This idea courtesy of this pin.  It was SO easy and took less than 15 minutes.  I took different colors of crepe paper and stapled it to a cutout ring of paper plate.  I cut a slit through so I could get it around the chandelier, and taped it on.  I then cut the paper to different lenghts and gave the ends an angled cut.




Who doesn't love pennant banners in festive colors?  This one was for the fireplace and it turned out to be SO easy.  I took a piece of cardboard and traced my triangle onto scrapbook papers and cut them out.  Then I took some single fold bias tape and literally stapled the triangles to the tape!  Of course, I had to take a red Sharpie and color over the staples.



I am keeping the invites SUPER simple.  I found some cute envelopes (baby shower invite package, actully) on clearance at Hobby Lobby and a cute rubber stamp with a plane.  It says something about a Boarding Pass which I thought was cute, given the invite.


I found this fake airline ticket generator online and filled in the blanks, printed it on cream cardstock, rounded the edges, circled the date, time and location and stamped a "First Class" stamp on the bottom right.  So simple!  My original idea was to create little boarding pass envelopes like they have at the airport but this turned out to be all that I had time and patience for.


More pictures later!

1 comment:

  1. How stinkin cute are those invites!?!?! I love it! And the decor is wonderful. Good for you for getting ahead Mom!

    ReplyDelete